Happy New Year! Back to the weight room today; I haven’t lifted for about 2 weeks. It wasn’t too bad– some lifts were easy, some were excruciating, pretty much the same as always. :) In the past, I’d skipped the hamstring/quad lifts since my legs were always stiff from running, but now they’re not so it’s probably a good thing to make those big muscles in my legs stronger and I’m doing those lifts too. My left calf has finally lengthened back out after the monster cramp on Saturday so I made sure to give that a good stretch. (It’s amazing how nasty that cramp was!)
As promised, here’s a quickie recap of 2011! Overall it was a pretty good year for me fitness-wise (and everything else-wise too)– I tried a lot of new things and some of them stuck. Here are some highlights…
- Discovered Body Glide! Miracle stuff, I don’t run without smearing it on my bra-band area anymore. Seriously, it saved my running.
- Learned that exercise helps my mood on a macro level but not on a micro level; if I feel crappy and exercise, well, I still feel crappy.
- Started lifting weights! Here is where I give cookies to J for being encouraging and awesome.
- Got a Nike+ doohickey. Started one of their training programs. Had to give the program up after hurting myself through overuse. Sigh.
- Started doing yoga! Now I am bendy and lithe (that’s pretty much a lie).
- Increased how far and how fast I can run, got stronger and more flexible, discovered exciting new trails, and spent another year working on accepting my body while I live in it.
putting up with me reading over the past year. :)