Aaaaaand we’re back!

After 2 weeks off, I’m back at work and at the gym. Workout-wise, it’s been 2 weeks of non-exercise combined with plenty of eating and drinking, so I’m feeling kind of loafy and inclined to cardio. Today I hopped onto the treadmill for 10 minutes, decided my lifting shoes were too crappy to run longer in, then switched to the elliptical for another 30 minutes. The weather’s supposed to be nice this week, so maybe I should bring in good shoes and try to run outside?

It’s official: I am now a married lady. Which really doesn’t seem to change much, except that we now have to do a bunch of work to consolidate pieces of our lives that were separate, like insurance and finances. The wedding went well! It was stressful leading up to it and some things changed at the last minute, but once things got rolling it all went FAST and now I’m really happy with how it turned out. I’m going to try to let some stories trickle out in the next few posts so it’s not a post-wedding wall of text.

First one: We rented a big gorgeous house on the beach, put up a tent and decorated, and found a spot on the lawn where we set up chairs to have the ceremony in front of the lake. The weather was forecast to be gorgeous; 10% chance of rain. 30 minutes before the ceremony, while I was upstairs dressing, it started pouring, with no sign of stopping. Ceremony outside was obviously a no-go, and we hadn’t really made a backup plan. The photographer finally suggested that we do the ceremony in the house instead (she hated the lighting under the tent). So everyone sprung into action, clearing the furniture out of the living room and bringing flowers in to decorate, and our 75 guests crowded to stand inside. While all this rearranging was going on, I was cloistered alone in the upstairs bedroom with no idea what was happening. The half hour I spent waiting and pacing felt like an eternity. Finally my friend came up and said "I’m going to give you a cue" and after a bit she did and I walked out, managed not to fall down the stairs, and made a nice entrance and we had the ceremony in front of the pretty stone fireplace. The whole thing turned out really well, despite the last-minute change of plans.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Aaaaaand we’re back!

  1. stephieann8 says:

    Congrats! Sorry catching up!

  2. Pingback: 2016 in review | Running While Fat

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s